Monday, April 30, 2012

Spring brings gardens and new students

We finally started to seed this week in my garden! We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers and even watermelon. I’m so excited to see how they all turn out! I’ll let you all know when they start sprouting :)




Frelon, our student-led dancing organization, was this weekend. It was great to see all my friends shine so brightly on stage. All the juniors who were on study abroad had a dance where they dressed up in superhero costumes, and it was so fun to see all them back at K!

It’s also the season to see prospective students on campus. So far I’ve hosted two girls who were very different people, but still uniquely K. I think back to being a senior in high school and it’s so strange to think of how much I’ve changed. It amazes me how much people can transform when they’re in an open environment that encourages them to pursue their interests. It was wonderful to see the excitement bubbling in both of my prospective students, who are both so eager to come to K!

No comments:

Post a Comment